The duration of a new building construction project is determined by many factors including the level of service of your builders in Colorado – here are some that will influence how long it takes to get the building that can be moved into:
- Phases before the construction can start – the first phase in any construction process is that of getting the building designed by an architect and obtaining the permits necessary for the construction. Depending on the complexity of your design, on how busy your architect is and on how long the authorities take to issue your permits, this initial phase can take months to complete;
- Site preparation – the duration of this stage is usually between 1-3 weeks, depending on the composition of the soil to be constructed on, on the size of the foundation to be dug out and the technologies used by your contractors;
- The construction of the footing and the foundation – this stage usually takes another 3-4 weeks;
- The installation of important systems and the building of walls – in this phase, your project will start to take shape and your new asset will start looking like a building. The stage can take months, depending on the complexity of your installations;
- Flooring and painting – this phase also takes a couple of weeks;
- The installation of fixtures and appliances and final touches – allow another couple of weeks to complete this phase.